The Solutions Journalism Network (SJN) supports in-depth reporting exploring who’s making demonstrable progress on important issues, and democracy is one of our main areas of focus. Solutions journalism is a great way to spark constructive public discourse over issues your audience cares most about and hold politicians accountable for addressing them.
- SJN’s basic toolkit explains what solutions journalism is and how to practice it
- Examples of the kinds of democracy coverage that SJN supports include:
- Ten newsrooms dig into potential solutions for American democracy
- 10 examples of how to strengthen elections
- Engagement and Solutions Reporting Checklist
- The Democracy SOS Fellowship, created in partnership with Hearken, offers newsrooms training and support in creating innovative elections and politics coverage. See more here.